Monday, June 23, 2008

Let's have a little catch up with that...

I make food and dirty dishes. I hate doing dishes, but as I hate all housework, it is a lesser evil than say, vacuuming. I really hate vacuuming.
The entire semester went by in a flash. I have finished the foundations program. I made many objects, including paintings and drawings, some more successful than others. I had my first panic attack, in drawing class on the last day of school. I cooked and ate things. Music was made, including my first concert improvising with Lucky Me. Wayne built a new Split Lip album and Evan is exactly as tall as I am. My best friend's husband left her for a student and now she's moving away to California. I forgave my ex-boyfriend for past hurts and now he's invited us to his wedding. I won a scholarship that pays for half of my classes next year. I designed a golf course kitchen in my old hometown. I danced in my first bellydance show and was a participant in the Renaissance festival (insert irony here).
I have decided that to alleviate my general anxiety I'm going to use this blog to not only comment on my work in art, but also my work in food. I have let food go for the last year or so, not teaching classes, not catering, barely consulting, in order to focus on school. I was okay with it for a while, but food is my first passion...and really the only thing I have ever really mastered. I have begun feeling a little worthless, a bit unimportant. I realized the other day that I have so much school to complete to earn the degree. Evan might complete high school before I finish my BA. Food and cooking are things I can use to comfort and reassure myself that I actually know something about something...





No comments: